I went on Angie's list and they had Darling paint on their list.I hired darling paint to scrape and remove sprayed ceiling, and res pray and paint and also paint my walls.ten months later I notice the ceiling cracking and pealing at one end,and at the other end discoloration in several spots.

I called the company and they said they would send someone to look at it. At 7:20am the morning that someone from the company was coming the owner called me and said no way do they repair cracks.the person came and looked at it and said he would get back to me after he took pictures. The owner called me back and said I had a leak,I explained that there was a bedroom above,and there was no leak anywhere.Over the coarse of a week it became the weathers fault,that I must have a bathroom leak,even though my bathroom is on the first floor on the other side of the house,he then told me to call my insurance and put in a claim. I called the insurance and they said I do no have water damage and therefore cannot put in a claim for something I don't have.If they came out and there was no leak I would be written up for a false claim and the company would drop me.

I filed at the better business and this has been on going for weeks,he now claims its the moss on my porch roof,that is nowhere near the problem on the ceiling,this is a 16foot room,the problem is at one end and another at the other end. So far they have refused to do anything,the owner is very conformational,and condescending,he showed up at my home unannounced,and wanted to come in and look at the ceiling and wanted to go on my roof to inspect it.I refused to let him and his employee in as I was alone,and he was confrontational.

They painted and repaired a crack under each window and had to come back to redo it those cracks,I should have known then that the job and the products they use were substandard.I have gotten "no" help from the company or the BBB,I will never take a recommendation from Angie's list again,if they are going to recommend substandard companies,that do not back their workmanship.

Review about: Darling Paint House Painting.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Darling Paint?

Comments

DarlingPaint
Buffalo, New York, United States #1354094

Kathleen Birkman's texture work was done 10 months PRIOR her complaint.If the product were to fail, it would fail immediately, not 10 months later, after a week of record-breaking rain fall, which happened all over western New York.

This is a sign of water damage, and the fact that she has moss on her roof, doesn't help matters,a s it holds even more water. We have pictures of her roof, as well.

We called Kathleen SEVERAL times to come and look at her "concerns", yet she refused to call us back and meet with us. This was documented with the BBB.

We only stopped out, unannounced, because of the fact she refuses to take any calls regarding this "matter". She was extremely rude, when all we wanted was to see her issues, and get them resolved, if there were any.

Kathleen is simply looking to get a refund for absolutely nothing.

Darling Paint will always stand behind their work, which is why we are A+ members of the BBB.

The BBB, when contacted with any complaints, will give the contractor the opportunity to correct any problems. Kathleen has refused to show any problems, only insisting on a refund.

Sorry, Kathleen, but your work was fine, and your crack repairs held up, which is why you only complained about discoloring of your ceiling (water damage).

Don't forget, water will travel, eventually finding it's way (even through walls) to the lowest spot, where it will finally seep and discolor your ceiling.Kathleen...